The 6 Ingredients September 4, 2007Posted by shadows15 in Gems and Jewels.
Tags: fitnah, happiness, tawakal, tests
There was once a wise man who was afflicted with a calamity. His brothers went to him and tried to console him over his loss. He answered, ‘I have put together a remedy that is composed of six ingredients.’ They asked him what those ingredients were, and he answered,
1. To have a firm trust in Allah, the Almighty.
2. To resign oneself to the inescapable fact that everything is decreed will happen and will follow its unalterable course.
3. Patience has no substitute for the positive effect it has on the afflicted.
4. The fourth is an unwavering belief in the implications of the phrase: ‘Without showing forbearance, what will I accomplish?’
5. The fifth is to ask myself, ‘Why should I be a willful party to my own destruction?’
6. The sixth is knowing that from one hour to the next, circumstances are transformed and difficulties vanish.
Taken from “Dont be Sad” by Aidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni