Tips on Waking up for Fajr December 31, 2008Posted by shadows15 in Contemporary Issues, Gems and Jewels, Misc.
I received an email from a brother prescribing certain tips that will help one in waking up for the most difficult prayer in the day….salatul fajr.
1. Keep Away from Ma’aasi (acts of disobedience) .
2. Avoid eating too much food.
3. Drink one or two glasses of water before going to bed.
4. Perform Wudoo (ablution) before going to bed.
5. Go to bed early.
6. Make Intention In your Heart to get up for Fajr.
7. Set your alarm.
8. Establish Fajr wake up calling
System with family and friends e.g.
Friends/family members calling,
Texting etc each other to help one another wake up for fajr.
9. Say prescribed supplications (Dua) before sleeping
10. Once awake, do not linger lazily in bed.
11. Go to your local masjid to pray
Also… one thing that helps that I do when I study late and stuff is put my alarm clock
(which is very loud) in the bathroom… thus Forcing you to get up and go to the bathroom
to shut it off. While you’re there in the bathroom,
just splash yourself with water and Walaa! You are awake and ready for Fajr.
Okay… so you dont have to do the splashing part, but try it.. it work Inshallah.
And the 2 advices above about staying away from sins and sleeping early
is very important. It is from the Rizq (provision/bounty)
Of Allah that He allows you to get up for Fajr, and when you start sinning
And things, He may keep you away from Fajr because Of your sins.
Memorize Quran or Recite Quran after Fajr Prayer !!